Building a Computer From Scraps
Attendees will learn to build a computer from scraps! They will also learn to troubleshoot common household electronic ex: TV’s, game consoles, cell phones etc… We will assemble a computer and learn what components are needed to power it on. Attendees will gain the knowledge and skills required to identify types of components such as a motherboard, hard disk, memory, power supply, Input / Output devices, and how those components work in relation to the devices they are connected to. Students will walk away with the fundamentals of building a computer. Building a computer is fun, affordable, and empowering.
- What each PC component does
- IT Terminology
- How to implement Scientific Method according to TEKS standards
- How to assemble PC from start to finish with hands-on experience
- Four common issues if your PC doesn’t boot
- How to access and use the BIOS
STEM & 21st Century Skills Development
- Problem Solving
- Project Planning
- Critical thinking
Our cross curriculum lessons include Texas Essential Knowledge Skills (TEKS) to help enrich student learning, and to work as a resource for educational establishments.